Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap

I hadn't really thought about posting my recipe for laundry soap but when I was on the phone earlier with my Dad he asked how I made it so I thought it might be good to post a little something about it.

I looked around online at a lot of different recipes for laundry soap but then finally decided that making a variation of many of them would be good. 

My recipe is very simple:

Equal parts shredded bar soap and washing soda and then maybe a quarter of that in baking soda. 

For example, 

1 cup shredded bar soap 
1 cup washing soda 
1/4 cup baking soda

and that's it. Just mix these ingredients together and put them in an old laundry detergent container. It's very simple and this recipe is great. I even use it on C's nappies/diapers and her skin is actually looking better than it has in a while. I also add a few drops of lavender oil to the soap when I putting it in the machine because I love the smell. 


The only problem with this current batch of laundry soap is the smell of the bar soap I used. I just ended up buying a very mild bar soap from the laundry isle at Woolworths but I'm not crazy about the smell which is another reason I'm so excited about making my own lye soap! The next time I make this laundry soap I'll be using my own homemade bar soap! 



No comments:

Post a Comment